cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Combo Box populated with values from user list in SharePoint List

Hello everyone,

I am writing an app where I like to let users choose an approver for a particular item.  I have a list of approvers in a "Person or Group" field in Sharepoint.  I created a screen with a combo box in where I filter a list trying to display names of the people, but I can't get it to display.  Here is what I tried.

I put this in my "Items" property

First(Filter('Admin', Title = "HR Managers")).Personel.DisplayName 

Admin -- is the name of the Sharepoint List

"HR Managers" -- Is the filter for the row I am looking for

Personel -- Is the column where a list of people I like to display in the combo box

I also tried to cteate a collection and then addres it in the simmilar matter, but collection it still does not work.  Nothing shows up in the combo box.

Thank you in advance!

Leon.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can use Choices(ListName.ColumnName) to get the list back in the combo box.  The easier way to do this is to put a form on your screen and use the Item property to pass over the record you want to edit or make the form a New form.  The people picker will automatically work for you in the form.  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/working-with-forms

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. I will have our support staff review and an update will be posted in this thread. 

@Anonymous

You can use Choices(ListName.ColumnName) to get the list back in the combo box.  The easier way to do this is to put a form on your screen and use the Item property to pass over the record you want to edit or make the form a New form.  The people picker will automatically work for you in the form.  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/working-with-forms

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,342)