cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate III
Advocate III

ComboBox crazy glitchy in PowerApps?

This thing is flashing and jumping around the screen like crazy, basically making the form unusable. The list it draws from has 4 items, and there is no Default or DefaultSelectedItems. Its just weird. Has anyone else experienced this?

combobox glitch.PNGcombobox glitch2.PNG

OnSelect=Select(Parent)

OnChange=false

DisplayFields=["Display"]

SearchFields=["Display"] (search is turned off)

Items='List: Review Status'

SelectMultiple=false

Reset=false

IsSearchable=false

TabIndex=-1

DisplayMode=DisplayMode.Edit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bdc604,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Have you solved your problem?

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. I think your thought is correct, the Select() function would allow you to press/click other controls which have OnSelect property.

The Select(Parent) formula would allow you to press/click the parent container of the current control (ComboxBox control). More details about the Select() fcuntion, please check the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Using-PowerApps/New-Select-function-we-can-now-reuse-code/td-p/5...

If your problem is solved, please click "Accept as Solution" so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify if your problem is solved.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Advocate III
Advocate III

Yeah, my bad. Make sure to wander through all the items on your forms and replace Select(Parent) with false unless you actually want something to happen when clicked on. This was causing a chain reaction of postbacks for me.

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bdc604,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Have you solved your problem?

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. I think your thought is correct, the Select() function would allow you to press/click other controls which have OnSelect property.

The Select(Parent) formula would allow you to press/click the parent container of the current control (ComboxBox control). More details about the Select() fcuntion, please check the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Using-PowerApps/New-Select-function-we-can-now-reuse-code/td-p/5...

If your problem is solved, please click "Accept as Solution" so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify if your problem is solved.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,299)