Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ClaireAllen
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Concat or Concatenate Columns from SharePoint

Hello Community,
Can you help please

I have a SharePoint Form1 that is customized from a SharePoint List, the default mode is New.

I then have a second screen, default mode is View, the Items property is SharePointForm1.Updates.

I have a calculated column in my SharePoint list, but at the data has not yet been submitted back to the SharePoint List, I want to be able to show a Label on the View Form of the Calculated column before hand.

What I am trying to do is display the label as followings, which is the calculation column in my SharePoint List
These are the Column Headings

CustomerSiteID-Discipline-DocType-SequentialNumber-SheetNo

ClaireAllen_0-1631188078341.png

Any ideas how I can combine all information from each column in the format required, so that the end result would be from the image
ADIDAS-1-CE-DET-0001-1

Thank you in advance for any suggestions
Kind regards
Claire

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @ClaireAllen ,

If DataCardValue.SelectedItems.Values.CustomerSiteID gives you the value please try to use it. 

If this post was helpful or you need more help please consider giving Thumbs Up and Tag me in your reply I'll be happy to help. If this post helped you solve your issue please click Accept as solution and provide Thumbs Up. This will help others find it more readily.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PG_WorXz10
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @ClaireAllen ,

I need more details here. If you have any selected item value please replace the column value with Selecteditem name. 

Concatenate(
YourSelecteditem.CustomerSiteID,"-",YourSelecteditem.Discipline,"-",YourSelecteditem.DocType,"-",YourSelecteditem.SequentialNumber,"-",YourSelecteditem.SheetNo)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

If this post was helpful or you need more help please consider giving Thumbs Up and Tag me in your reply I'll be happy to help. If this post helped you solve your issue please click Accept as solution and provide Thumbs Up. This will help others find it more readily.

@PG_WorXz10 ,

If I understand your question correctly, 
some of my columns are choices so I think that's a yes to selected item value

Do I select the DataCardValue.SelectedItems.Values.CustomerSiteID for example?
Customer Site ID, Discipline & Doc Type are all choice fields, the others are text fields

Thank you & regards

Claire

Hi @ClaireAllen ,

If DataCardValue.SelectedItems.Values.CustomerSiteID gives you the value please try to use it. 

View solution in original post

@PG_WorXz10 
Thank you for the info
The DataCardValue just needed the Selected.Value as mentioned and not the SelectedItems.Value

All Good
Claire

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,079)