cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Create MS Team - Powerapp Form to Sharepoint List (Need to use 2 fields from SQL table for the Team Name)

Hi All - I followed the tutorial here - https://thatapiguy.tech/2020/03/27/provision-teams-using-power-apps-and-power-automate/comment-page-... 

It works great! My issue however, is that rather than a free text field, I need the Team Name field in powerapps to be a combobox so an existing client name can be chose from our database (to cut down user error on typos etc).

I have the combobox working from my sql datasource but It will only pull in either the client name or client ID to the team name combobox from the sql table. I need the Team Name to be both (concat) such as 'Client ABC 123456' rather than just 'Client ABC' or '123456'

It doesn't have to show both the client name and client ID in the combobox necessarily, but I need both to exist in the sp list so when it's approved, the team has the appropriate name. I'm not quite sure how to do this and need some guidance.

TIA 

Eric

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi Eric

It might be useful for you to show us how you've setup your combobox.

In my example beneath, you should hopefully see how you can refer to the properties of a combobox to retrieve the field values that you require.

timl_0-1603478120225.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi Eric

It might be useful for you to show us how you've setup your combobox.

In my example beneath, you should hopefully see how you can refer to the properties of a combobox to retrieve the field values that you require.

timl_0-1603478120225.png

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Unfortunately, I can't since it's sensitive information. You are able to download the powerapp zip from the link I mentioned and replace the "Datacardvalue9" text box with a combobox, that's all I've done thus far.

I think the issue is that the app creator is using a form to push the information back to the sharepoint list and he uses a team name data card which I imagine is required to push the data back to the sharepoint list. That is where I'm hung up in how it works. I have more experience with pushing it to a flow and I can do exactly what you stated no problem but it seems like the form requires whatever is in the combobox to be used as the team name, because I tried what you stated and it does not work, it still takes whatever is in the combobox which is just the client name, not the client name and client ID

EricC_0-1603478497037.png

Edit: what @timl suggested works. You just need to update the teamname_Datacard1 "update" value to the new text label which includes the concat client name and id!

Thanks for the help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,756)