cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Dates SharePoint and PowerApp showing off by a day

I'm confused about this.  I have read a few other posts in the forums about this dating back to 2016.  I know the date pickers now have an option for "Date Time Zone".  But it isn't working as I expect.

So in SharePoint Online I have a field for "Date Completed"

In PowerApps I have a Date field with Date Time Zone set to local.

I have a user in Atlanta who completed a form at 4:30 PM ET.

I am in Seattle.

When I look in SharePoint I see the date as 6-2-2020

When I look in PowerApps it shows as 6-3-2020

Even with the time zone stuff and utc... I should be seeing 6-2-2020?

Or am I thinking about this incorrectly?

Thanks,

Terry

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Dates SharePoint and PowerApp showing off by a day

Hi @Mattw112IG ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think this issue is related to Time Zone.

I think the Time Zone of your PowerApps is not same as that in your SP Site. The Time zone of your PowerApps is actually based on your local machine (same as your local time zone).

Please make sure the Time Zone of your SP List has been set to same time zone as your local time zone, so it could display proper date time value from your SP List into your canvas app.

Please go to your SP Site settings, then click "Regional settings", then configure the Time Zone value for your SP Site as below:

6.JPG

Note: When working date time value in canvas app, it would be converted into UTC format automatically, so please make sure your SP Site Time Zone is set to same value as your Local time zone, otherwise, you would face Time Zone issue in your canvas app.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Thanks,

So I did find this setting and it is set to Eastern Time Zone.

I'm not sure why it was still showing wrong date though because even with the hours difference, still wouldn't have been the next day?

But that being said if I change this to Pacific, we would still be having issues right?  Because I have users across the country.

If I set this to UTC.. will that mess up the display information when I look at it?

For others who use SharePoint List backend and an App with users across the country how do you do things so that everyone see's the right info?

Thanks,

Terry

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Mattw112IG ,

You need the TimeZoneOffset function, which returns the user's Now() difference to UTC. A bit of logic then to work out what you want displayed and written from the users on a different timezone to the SharePoint site.

You could also use DateAdd(Now(),Hours,xx)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Mattw112IG ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Mattw112IG ,

I am following up this post to see if it can be closed if you obtained the result you were looking for.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue as this will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,579)