cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chris61
Level: Powered On

Delegation not working with Filter on Sharepoint List

I'm attempting to Filter items in a Sharepoint folder. I have the Data Source called 'VO Asset'.

I am filtering with the following formula: Filter('VO Asset', Label1.Text in 'Folder path')

I have also tried: Filter('VO Asset', 'Folder path' = Label1.Text)

This is working but I'm getting a delegation warning no '=' and 'in' - why is this? I need this to work with no delegation warning.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Power Apps Staff Mr-Dang-MSFT
Power Apps Staff

Re: Delegation not working with Filter on Sharepoint List

Hi @chris61, thank you for asking. The formula you have is filtering a SharePoint folder, a feature that has come out recently. At this time, the rules for delegation on a SharePoint folder are different than those on a SharePoint list, where the filter would be delegable. 

Although 'Folder Path' is text, it is not currently a delegable column with SharePoint folders.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @chris61 ,

Do you want to the filter works with no delegation?

You can try to use one collection, firstly, add one button control and Button.OnSelect:ClearCollect(test,('VO Asset'),

then change the formula expression as :Filter(test, Label1.Text in 'Folder path')

Hope this could be helpful.

Best Regards.

Yumia

chris61

Hi Yumia,

This is not what I am after. I find I have the same problem when using a button to create a local collection.

There may be more than 500 (or even 2000) folders to filter, this is why I want delegation to work. I don't want to bring all folder information on to the device.

My understanding was that Filter and '=' work with Sharepoint delegation, but when I try to use 'Folder path'= I get a delegation warning on the 'Folder path' - regardless of if I filter a gallery or use a button to create a collection.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

chris61

So are you saying that Filter and '=' are non-delegable functions? This contravenes Microsoft's own documentation which I've attached a screenshot of.

As far as I can tell 'Folder path' is text, not a complex field. Unless I am wrong?

Edit: I've found that MS documentation shows 'Folder path' is a string. Another screenshot added to demonstrate.

Power Apps Staff

Hi @chris61, thank you for asking. The formula you have is filtering a SharePoint folder, a feature that has come out recently. At this time, the rules for delegation on a SharePoint folder are different than those on a SharePoint list, where the filter would be delegable. 

Although 'Folder Path' is text, it is not currently a delegable column with SharePoint folders.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
MichelH
Level 8

Hi @Mr-Dang-MSFT,

Which fields could be used to filter in a document library with multiple folders and sub-folders (and +10.000 items) without delegation kicking in?

Do I understand right that I can only use 'real' fields like: Name and Title? 

The later I find is empty, so I could perhaps put the folder/subfolder in the Title field as a workaround.

Thanks,

Michel

Power Apps Staff

Hi @MichelH,

We released new improvements to the SharePoint online connector back in August:

Blog: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/blog/sharepoint-delegation-improvements/

Think of the fields that are common to SharePoint lists and document libraries: if a filter would be delegable for the SharePoint list, it would be delegable for the document library. 'Path' is not technically a field though.

Can you let me know once you try out the filters with the new improvements (like filtering complex columns)?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,715)