cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brucegil1
Frequent Visitor

Disabling Dropdown Datacard Control When Submitting Edit Form

My Power Apps application has a SharePoint List record table.  Within the application I have a field (called "Category") in the table which is populated from a dropdown control linked to another SharePoint List.  The table's edit form includes the datacard for the dropdown control.  Sometimes I want the dropdown control to be in edit mode in order to edit the Category field record with a different item in the dropdown control.  Other times, I want the Category Field to remain the same.  The problem is on the occasions when I want to submit the edit form without changing the Category Field the record is saved with the Category Field's first entry.  I've tried disabling the datacard's Display Mode but apparently that only greys it out.  I would appreciate if someone has a solution that would allow me to submit the edit form witout changing the record in the Category field.  TIA  Bruce

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brucegil1
Frequent Visitor

Solution

Hi, the workaround I came up with was to place a Dropdown control named "CategoryDropdown" connected to a SharePoint list on the edit screen. Then I placed the following "If Statement" in the Category Field of the Category Datacard: "If (CategoryDropdown.Visible = false, Parent.Default,Dropdown6.Selected.Category)" This way, if I did not want to change the record in the Category Field I made the CategoryDropdown control invisible . If I want to change the Category Field record with an entry from the CategoryDropdown control I make it visible.  Bruce

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Sid_Jafri
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @brucegil1 ,

You may change the dropdown control to combo box control 

Please Thumbs up and accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue.

CNT
Super User
Super User

@brucegil1 The update property of the datacard determines the value that gets saved to the SP List. What do you have in the update property?

brucegil1
Frequent Visitor

Solution

Hi, the workaround I came up with was to place a Dropdown control named "CategoryDropdown" connected to a SharePoint list on the edit screen. Then I placed the following "If Statement" in the Category Field of the Category Datacard: "If (CategoryDropdown.Visible = false, Parent.Default,Dropdown6.Selected.Category)" This way, if I did not want to change the record in the Category Field I made the CategoryDropdown control invisible . If I want to change the Category Field record with an entry from the CategoryDropdown control I make it visible.  Bruce

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,654)