cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tkrause5
Frequent Visitor

Displaying multi-select lookup column in PowerApps Datatable

I am having issues displaying a SharePoint multi-select lookup column in PowerApps Datatable. 

Lookup list

tkrause5_0-1614374502665.png

WM List with the Lookup column 

tkrause5_1-1614374549279.png

PowerApps data table referencing the WM List (error shown)

Capture.23PNG.PNG

It gives me an error in the Text proprieties that: "This formula uses scope, which is not presently supported for evaluation" AND it displays [obeject], [obeject] for the lookup column. 

Can you display a muti-select SharePoint lookup column in a PowerApps datatable? If so how? 

Thanks, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@tkrause5 

The message - "This formula uses scope, which is not presently supported for evaluation" is not an error, it is just a notice telling you that, since you are referencing an item that can have multiple values based on the record selected (ThisItem) it cannot tell you what the result would be.  This is completely normal and does not indicate an error.

You are using a DataTable control and it is showing you that your programs column has multiple records (which is normal for a multi-capable lookup).  The DataTable, however, cannot display the value in them and will only show Object.

You would need to consider using a Gallery rather than a DataTable in order to customize that information and get what you need.

Or..you could change the Items property of your DataTable to the following:

AddColumns(yourDataList, "_programs", Concat(Programs, Value & "; "))

Then you can display the _progams column in your datatable and it will be a semicolon separated list of the values of that column.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@tkrause5 

The message - "This formula uses scope, which is not presently supported for evaluation" is not an error, it is just a notice telling you that, since you are referencing an item that can have multiple values based on the record selected (ThisItem) it cannot tell you what the result would be.  This is completely normal and does not indicate an error.

You are using a DataTable control and it is showing you that your programs column has multiple records (which is normal for a multi-capable lookup).  The DataTable, however, cannot display the value in them and will only show Object.

You would need to consider using a Gallery rather than a DataTable in order to customize that information and get what you need.

Or..you could change the Items property of your DataTable to the following:

AddColumns(yourDataList, "_programs", Concat(Programs, Value & "; "))

Then you can display the _progams column in your datatable and it will be a semicolon separated list of the values of that column.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

AddColumns(yourDataList, "_programs", Concat(Programs, Value & "; ")) worked for me. Wonder why Microsoft can't just put this functionality in place for multi-value Sharepoint columns. Thanks for the workaround.

Kind regards, 

TK 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (72,659)