Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vadiraj1100
Helper I
Helper I

Dropdown Required is not implementing as Expected

Hi All,

I have Region and Location field in the Form which I have created using dropdown and added values using list in sharepoint and cascading feature to auto populate the Location value based on the Region selected.

I want to have these values as required fields in the form. But even when the value is selected the validation error is throwing that the field value is required and need to be filled.

Find the image below for reference.

required.PNG

Any help or suggestion would be helpful

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@vadiraj1100 

Validation in a form is all based on the Update properties of the DataCards.  What are the update properties of those datacards?  They do not appear to be getting the correct values from your Dropdowns.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@vadiraj1100 

Validation in a form is all based on the Update properties of the DataCards.  What are the update properties of those datacards?  They do not appear to be getting the correct values from your Dropdowns.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

Hi @RandyHayes ,

Thanks for the solution it helped me figure out the issue, 

The field was actually the single line of text in the SP list. But I wanted to make it dropdown in the App. So I included the dropdown and overshadowed the text field the update value for this was causing the issue.

I then passed the dropdown value to the Text field and it stopped throwing the error.

Thanks a lot.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,805)