Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sajarac
Super User
Super User

Edit Form saving an empty value

Good morning.

I have this issue and I hope someone could give me an advice.

I have my gallery connected with my share Point List. I have a button "Editform" and I can edit my fields in the form. Another button saves the data typed back to my list "Submitform"

I have several Text Input fields but for instance if I type in one of the fields "2000", save. then I need to delete that value and leave the field empty nothing happens. Can't get the field be empty again only change for another value.

any help please?

Thank you kindly

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@sajarac 

Under Settings/Advanced settings; enable "Formula-level error management" and try again.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@sajarac 
I don't understand what you want to do here.  Can you please try to explain again?  Screenshots also help.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Sorry for the confusion.

In my edit form I have a text input.

If I save a value for the first time it is saved in my SPL. but if I don't want to have a value in that field I edit the form clear the value and save the current value saved in my SPL comes back.

My current value in the SPL:

Capture1.PNG

Form in edit mode, deleting the value and saving:

Capture2.PNG

After save the value retuns

Capture1.PNG

One more thing to consider. Just notice but not sure if this is right or not. The fields that I can not clear the content and save back are number fields. I just did a test with a text field put some data save, edit, clear the content save again and the content is gone. Is weird no?

@sajarac 
Try this:

Put this code in the Update property of the Card holding the text input

If(TextInput_Quantity.Text=Blank(), Blank(), Value(TextInput1_Quantity.Text))

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up." 

Nothing.

😞

Capture3.PNG

@sajarac 

What’s in the Default property of the Card?

---

Default = ThisItem.Quantity

@sajarac 

Under Settings/Advanced settings; enable "Formula-level error management" and try again.

This worked for me, but I am confused as to why I had to explicitly turn it on. Does this mean that any apps where users will need to clear numeric values it must be turned on?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (3,215)