cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Debo88
Frequent Visitor

Error Message: You don't have permission to view this data. Server Response: List failed: Something went wrong.

I am new to powerapps and have created a new canvas app that edits two sharepoint lists. However, my users are getting this error "Error Message: You don't have permission to view this data. Server Response: Isolation failed: Something went wrong." Isolation is the name of one of my Sharepoint lists. I can't publicly share the list since it has sensitive data on it so I'm not sure how to get this to go away.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

@Debo88 ,

You have to share the list in SharePoint with anyone who needs to use it in Power Apps otherwise they will get the message you are seeing. You can set the permission level to what ever is necessary, but it must be at least View. One protection you can put in place to to create a Custom Permission based on the one you need and uncheck "View application pages" and they will not be able to access any views on the SharePoint site, even if they navigate directly to them.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

@Debo88 ,

Yes, the custom permission level needs to be based on at least Contribute.

We have over 100 field crew (who use iPads) set up this way and they cannot access SharePoint pages.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

3 REPLIES 3
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

@Debo88 ,

You have to share the list in SharePoint with anyone who needs to use it in Power Apps otherwise they will get the message you are seeing. You can set the permission level to what ever is necessary, but it must be at least View. One protection you can put in place to to create a Custom Permission based on the one you need and uncheck "View application pages" and they will not be able to access any views on the SharePoint site, even if they navigate directly to them.

Debo88
Frequent Visitor

Well, that helped but didn't fix the issue yet. They are now able to see the app, fill it out, and submit it with success. However, it won't update my sharepoint list when they submit. It works when i do it but not them so I'm guessing I'm missing a permission somewhere?

@Debo88 ,

Yes, the custom permission level needs to be based on at least Contribute.

We have over 100 field crew (who use iPads) set up this way and they cannot access SharePoint pages.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,314)