cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Filter on the Property of a Look Up Table

Hi, I have a custom table called 'test' and added a look up to Facility.  But when I try to use the look up, I get an error:

Filter(
Test,
crd79_ProjectNumber.Facility.Name= cboFacility.Selected.Name
)

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Filter on the Property of a Look Up Table

@Brianmaric 

This is going to depend on your SharePoint lookup column settings.  If you are using the ID of the looked up list in your settings, then you will need to reference that.  

What is the name of your Lookup column in SharePoint and how is it defined in the settings?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

I'm using CDS

Highlighted
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Brianmaric ,

As i understood by your Post you need to Filter Out the Values-based on ComboBOx Selected Item.

Basically, you By Default ComboBox MutliSelect Option is true.

If you only dealing with single select then please change the Setting for Multiselect Options.

VijayTailor_0-1602871995900.png

After then you can use Code like below.

VijayTailor_1-1602872060662.png

Thanks,
Vijay 

Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."-Vijay

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

lyRe: Filter on the Property of a Look Up Table

Not Exactly,  I am common data service.  I have my primary table 'Test' and I am adding a look up to Projects.  I want the facility on the project.  So  I want to filter on the property of the related table (e.g 'Project.Facility.Name)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,443)