Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

Filtering a SQL View

Hi,

I am facing an issue filtering an SQL view from Powerapps. When I try to filter the SQL view and create a collection, only the values of columns used to filter the SQL view are populated, if I am not using a column to filter the data, it gives blank value to that column.

For example, SQL_View[column_Name,column_Age,column_EmailAddress] is the view I need to filter and I use ClearCollect(col_colData,Filter(SQL_View,Column_Name="David")), it returns a collection where column_Name is David but all the other columns(column_Age,Column_EmailAddress) are blank.

Instead if I use ClearCollect(col_colData,Filter(SQL_View,Column_Name="David",column_Age="25",column_EmailAddress="abc@xyz.com")), I get a collection with values in all the cloumns.

I do not face this issue when I use a SharePoint list as a data source. Is there any different way to filter SQL data? Also, this happens only if I open the App in a browser using URL. Everything works fine in Preview mode.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Dileep

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

I figured out what was causing this issue after spending a lot of time.

We can avoid this by Disabling the "Explicit column selection" under App Settings>Advanced Settings>Preview Features.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

I figured out what was causing this issue after spending a lot of time.

We can avoid this by Disabling the "Explicit column selection" under App Settings>Advanced Settings>Preview Features.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,816)