cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
webbrewer
Resolver I
Resolver I

How do you display a full web page within a power app?

In a native mobile app, you can display a full Sharepoint site page like a news post in a browser view within the app, but powerapps has no way to render a full page or the canvascontent1 field which is the field that has the page body content. If you add a sitepages library to a browse screen, the default action is to open the dispform.aspx pages - which don't include the canvascontent1 field or make it available to add.  I would think it a pretty basic requirement that we can render full pages in an app, so this seems like a crazy limitation.

A simple answer would be to iframe pages on a powerapps screen, so all the million of lines of code modern SP requires to render a page don't have to be replicated, but that doesn't seem possible either. According to this doc,  you can iframe a web page on a form

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/model-driven-apps/iframe-properties-legacy

So how do I replicate that on a details screen?

1 REPLY 1
summitb
Power Participant
Power Participant

It is possible in Model Driven App and is pretty easy as well. In canvas app, its not possible yet. It has been submitted as an idea:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/Add-an-iFrame-control-to-Insert-gt-Media/idi-p/...

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,366)