cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to empty common data source entity completely and import new data from excel through Flow

Hi! I'm new to PowerApps and Flow and I'm trying to automate one process: i have my own data entity in PowerApps with data imported from excel. Now I'm trying to create a flow that automatically clears the entity and creates/imports new data when that excel file has been updated. (For additional information: in this case it's good/a necessity that the old data is completely cleared from the entity). Is this possible? Thank you for your help!

-Elisa Nurmi

2 REPLIES 2
mr-dang
Level 10

Re: How to empty common data source entity completely and import new data from excel through Flow

To remove everything in a datasource, use:

Remove(datasource,datasource)

This means, "Remove the datasource from the datasource."

Clear can be used for the same purpose, but only works with temporary collections.

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom
mikearmour
Level: Powered On

Re: How to empty common data source entity completely and import new data from excel through Flow

I don not belive the recommendation below works - at least not with a custom entity in PowerApps' Common Data Srevice (CDS).

1. The entity is called base_data.
  2. I add a button to my app and set the OnSelect to Remove(base_data, base_data).
  3. I open the app on my mobile device and press the button.
  4. Button greys out and i get the little data processing dots across the top of the screen.
  5. I go look at my entity and all the records are still there.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,808)