cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Invalid argument type GUID for tablename

Hi!

 

I have created 2 practically identical entities in PowerApps. These two entities both have one field each for a calender date, booking type and number field. Though we want the same design for both entities when adding new records, I have created identical forms for both entities including these three fields for each source. The problem is, that even though both entities are almost exactly the same and I use the three fields that are practically identical, the table reference in powerApps is different. For the first source, everything works fine,  I can add a formula for the dropdown in the Data Items field in advanced view to "Distinct('Tablename', 'columnname'). And for the card the formula for AllowedValues "DataSourceInfo('Tablename', DataSourceInfo.AllowedValues, "Columnname")" works perfectly. For my other source however, i get the error "Invalid argument type GUID" when adding both of these formulas. The formulas are accepted however, if I change the formulas to "Distinct([@Tablename], 'columnname') and "DataSourceInfo([@Tablename], DataSourceInfo.AllowedValues, "Columnname")". Why is this? And what does it mean when [@] is used for a table name expression? Because the add new records function does not work properly for the second source where I have to set it to [@Tablename].

 

Se attached pictures.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

This might be good for others to know. It seems like something must have happened to the DataField name, the name had somehow been cut off. Somehow the app maneged to update the field in the entity even though the DataField was wrong, however it updated the field with the default value. When correcting the DataField name it works properly to add new records, however I still need to set the formulas with the @Tablename expression. Why does source 2 have to behave like that? I would appreciate if someone could explain it to me. But the app is at least registering new records correctly now. But the question still remains, why 2 almost identical sources has to be set differently in formulas, hopefully someone else have encountered this as well.

Hi @Anonymous .  

 

I'm having the same issue and I've spent many hours trying to find an answer for this behavior. As you mentioned, I had to use the same @Tablename expression to make it work but its very weird as another sources haven't had to use the @ symbol to make the Patch function works.

Do you've any news about this error, bug or whatever it is ?

 

Regards!

 

PS: I'm using entities in CDS

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bumping to see if the community can assist/has any ideas 

 

@Anonymous 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,067)