cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Line breack <br> showing

Hi,

I'm new to Power Apps, I managed to do what I needed for now, however I have an issue I can't work out.

My data are in a share point list extacted from an Excel file. I want to display what's in the cell but I have the line breack <br> showing in the app.

How can I get rid of it ?

19 REPLIES 19

You are clicking on DataCardValue14. Click on the value above that as shown below:

DataCard.png

Let me know if you are now able to set the default property as specified above by me. 

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit(Haman)

This worked !

Is there a way to substitute it with an actual line break instead of a blank space?

And how can I add a second symbol to the substitue formula ( I noticed I also have " &#58; " instead of " : ")

Glad it worked!

For your 1st question, you can use Char(13) instead of "". That should add a new line.

For your 2nd question, you can use a nested substitute function. Something like this:

Substitute(Substitute( String, "<br>", Char(13)), " &#58; " , " : ")

Let me know if this works.

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit(Haman)

View solution in original post

This is perfect, thank you very much !👍

Glad I could help! 

Good luck with the rest of the app!

Feel free to reach out in case of any questions!

Thanks,

Hardit (Haman)

Hi @GGBB 

I'm really glad this works for you. If it were me, I would delete the DataCardValue14 textbox and insert a 'HTML Text' control instead. I would then set the HTML Text property to Parent.Default, rather than use the Substitute.

What you appear to be displaying is HTML, so the 'HTML Text' is the best control for this. At worst, if your input data contains other escaped characters, you'll need to Substitute every combination with the text equivilent.

eg &lt; for the < symbol, &gt; for the > symbol etc, etc.

image.png

@timl 

And would it be possible to not display HTML ?

Cause have indeed more issues when I'm adding new entries to my sharepoint list.

I copy/past infos from pdf files but it's just a mess once in powerapps

Maybe it's a bad setting of my sharepoint list ?

Super User III
Super User III

@GGBB 

In your screenshot, are you using the HTML Text Control as I suggested?

The HTML Text control will correctly render tags like DIV, rather than display the actual HTML markup.

image.png

@timl 

Thanks but I finnaly found this HTML issue.

It was in the sharepoint list, I had to change the setting for all columns from "rich text" to "untreated text"

This way, all the HTML code disappared

Super User III
Super User III

Glad you found that setting @GGBB 

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (19,717)