cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Link Azure Blob Storage Image to SQL

I have Azure SQL database and a Azure Blob storage with images, I have put a link to the image in a field in my SQL table. In PowerApps when I set the image container to the field I get a white screen. How can I link an image in blob storage in PowerApps? 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Link Azure Blob Storage Image to SQL

Hi @RCSmart01 

How did you set the Image property of image control?

Is the URL you said as shown belowCould you please share the image link field in the SQL table as an example?

Snipaste_2020-02-25_14-37-03.png

If so, I am afraid it is not supported to show the image directly through the URL, because it requires authentication.

As an alternative workaround, if you want to display the image in Azure Blob Storage and the container name and image filename are known, you can use Azure Blob Storage connector to get the image.

please try this:

1. put the following codes to a button OnSelect property, to trigger it manually, then you will get the container ID and Image File ID, if you enter the correct Container Name and Image Name.

Set(VarContainerID,LookUp(AzureBlobStorage.ListRootFolderV2().value,Name=<"Container Name">).Id);
Set(VarImageID,LookUp(AzureBlobStorage.ListFolderV2(VarContainerID).value,Name=<"Image Name">).Id)

2. add an image control, set the image property as below, then the image file will be shown.

AzureBlobStorage.GetFileContent(VarImageID)

Snipaste_2020-02-25_15-03-22.png

Hope this helps.

Sik

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Thanks Sik I’ll try that! If you want sent me a message on teams, my alias is rosmart
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RCSmart01 

How about the workaround?

Does it work for your case?

Sik

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @v-siky-msft,

So I didn't do the work around, the blob storage that I was working with was my own personal storage account, I was able to change the permissions for the storage account.  The pictures were able to show when I changed the access.  Thanks for your help anyway!

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,906)