Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Lookup in form not showing up in list

Hi, 

I am currently building a Sharepoint list that requires a Lookup column to pull data from another SharePoint list. I wanted to avoid using a dropdown list since it is not suitable for my business requirement. Therefore, I've opted to use a Lookup formula in a PowerApps form that pulls both lists together. The formula is working, however, when I go to view the column it doesn't show up on the list, it is only when I select the row and view the form via SharePoint list then it can be viewed and once I edit the field and save then it shows up.

Does anyone know why this might be happening?

Thank you in advance!

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Lookup in form not showing up in list

Hi @hanbots ,

Could you please elaborate on your scenario?

How did you implement your app if you don't want to use a dropdown list? What is the LookUp formula?

Do you mean the form doesn't show the Default value, right?

Please share some code and snapshots to help us understand your scenario easily.

Sik

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @v-siky-msft 

Requirement: I have two SharePoint lists: Commissions list and Jobs list. The Jobs list contains a Job number that I need to bring into the commission's list based on a policy number. 

Design: I created a form on the Job Number field in the commission's list (see image below). This worked and is pulling the correct number to the correct field with the formula (LookUp(JobsList, ClientNumber = DataCardValue1.Text, JobNumber)

Problem: The issue I am encountering now is when I go back to the SharePoint list the job number doesn't show up (see image). But it shows up when I click the Policy No> Select Edit All> Save

Cheers,
Hannah

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @hanbots ,

You have a Delegation warning at the top of the screen - I assume this is on the Item of the form - what does this warning say and what is the formula that is causing it?

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hanbots ,

So you mean the Jyou mean the Job Number wasn't saved to SharePoint list properly, right?

Please check the Update property of Job Number Data Card, it should be: 

DataCardValue5.Text

Sik

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @v-siky-msft,

Yes, that is correct. 

The data is being uploaded via a Power Flow and this seems to be the main issue. If I create a record directly in the Sharepoint list the Job Number shows up correctly with the Vlookup from the form. However, when the file is loaded to the SharePoint list via a Power Flow this is when the value doesn't show up on the list only on the form. 

Has anyone had this type of issue before?

Cheers,

Hannah

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hanbots ,

Ok, could you please elaborate on your scenario? 

We need more information to see what's wrong with it.

Sik

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @v-siky-msft ,

Yes - I've created a flow that populates a SharePoint list:

hanbots_0-1594710021183.png

Once the flow is triggered the expectation is that it will populate the list and use the lookup column in the form will populate the job number. The only reason why I am using the form for the Lookup is because Job Number is sorted in a separate Sharepoint list and I am not sure how I can achieve the same result with a Flow. 

hanbots_2-1594710388320.png

Does this give you more information?

Cheers, 

Hannah 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,618)