cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anmol
Regular Visitor

Need little guidance:

Hello, 

Actually, I know we can import items from SharePoint and connect it to power apps, but I already made a web form on canvas app, and now I want to get and save the responses from every column of the form. I am beginner to power apps, Could anybody suggest something, How can I get every column of data Like ( Name:......, Class:......., Number........) and save into any database (sharepoint list, one drive, sql etc), even using power automate, if there is any way?

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
Jeff_Thorpe
Super User
Super User

You can use the Patch() to save the data to a SharePoint list or a SQL table.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Hello Jeff, 

Thanks for your reply. 

I really dont know how to use patch, I tried to search online and got few videos but in thaose as far as I get it, they are extracting their datas from the sharepoint list in the beginning only. But I didnot use any list, I made solely on the power. Could you please tell me how to use patch in that case? 

or please share if you have any example or video, would be helpful for me.

Thanks again

Jeff_Thorpe
Super User
Super User

You'll need to create a SharePoint list with the columns needed to save the data. Then you would add the list as a data sources to your app, so you could patch to it. The use the Patch documentation show how to patch to the list.

Patch function in Power Apps (contains video) - Power Platform | Microsoft Docs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Anmol
Regular Visitor

Thanks again, I understood the patch function, and the use of patch to get data in sharepoint list but with single and multiline text only. I am having difficulties in patching my dropdown answer to sharepoint list, seeing quite of codes on the web, like use of collect. Can you please suggest something that can clearly describe, how can I patch my dropdown to list, or we can take any example as well. 

In my web form canvas app: 

Category: 

• student
  • Teacher
  • Alumni

So what could be the code for this to get the answer of this dropdown to list, and lets suppose the list name is 'Ideas' and cloumn name in list is 'category' and dropdown input name is 'dropdownCategory'. ;

Please guide on it.

Thnks in advance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,577)