cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KickingApps
Level 8

Re: Numberpad

In the app I shared, the ability to use the numpad for multiple fields is integrated. Hopefully we can get it to work in @dyee4613 app this evening. We will keep you posted.
Super User
Super User

@KickingApps  sweet!! I've gotta review that and see.  However, would still love if components would do the trick - seems like that would be what they are made for.

Thanks for helping out.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Power Apps Staff Mr-Dang-MSFT
Power Apps Staff

@RandyHayes,
How are you outputting the value of the component? If it's by variable, no problem because each instance has its own scope.

If you're referencing a collection, they are scoped to the whole app. You would need to identify which entries in the collection came from which instance of the component.
Super User
Super User

@Mr-Dang-MSFT 

Yes, by variable.  I am definitely seeing a cross-scope issue going on, but I have not identified the cause yet.  I'm going to experiment on it a bit and see if I can narrow down.  If so, I will pull this into another thread. Thanks.

EDIT: Hmmm, mysteriously the issue went away. I went back into the app and the behavior was gone.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
KickingApps
Level 8

@RandyHayes If you start a new thread, will you tag me?  I'd like to follow this conversation.  I'm just getting into components so any info is helpful.  

Also, just saw you have the Appstronaut Badge - that's awesome!  Thanks for all you contribute to the community; you've been most helpful!

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@KickingApps will do, but looks like no need for the new thread.  After I closed and opened the app again, the mysterious cross-component issue went away.  So, I was back on the trail again.

And it works fine now.  I have attached the App.

It uses a Component for the Numerical Pad now.  

To cover two fields of entry, the easiest way was to just have two components - one for each field.  Depending on which was "selected" (and you'll see in the App that it's just a label) will determine which is shown.

So, places to look for action...the labels - OnSelect and Text

The Component is pretty much the same as the one before - except it's a component now.

The original had a "Cancel" icon on it.  The original also had "X" clear field in the label to clear the value.

In short - because I can't raise an action from the Component ( @Mr-Dang-MSFT Actions in Components...really nice idea 🙂 ) I had to reverse the concept - in this rendition, the "Clear" function is now in the Component.  Would have been nice to clear it from outside the component from a button inside, but no Actions for that.

Thanks for the Appstronaut wishes.  I love community, so this is way too much fun!!  And thank you for all your contributions as well.  Exchanging ideas is the best way!

Anyway - check out the attached and see if that helps with @dyee4613 's scenario.

KickingApps
Level 8

@RandyHayes Just checked it out - it's awesome!  I am going to follow along with components and bring that into my numkey app.  As for @dyee4613 , I imagine this will solve it.  We will be chatting here soon and will update you when we are done.Thanks!

dyee4613
Level 8

Thank you so much for all your help!  I have almost got it complete using @RandyHayes's template.  The one bottleneck I have is tranferring my componet's value into my label/text field.  I was thinking it should be VarNumberEntered but PowerApps isn't recognizing it.  In Randy's app, he is reference his componet.value which I'm also not able to do.

Ah.  I just found the output section.  Ignore this!

Super User
Super User

@dyee4613 

Can you provide a little bit of the formula you are using that is a problem?

In general, if you are using my component, you should be able to get the Value from componentName.Value

dyee4613
Level 8

@RandyHayes  I think my issue is I'm having trouble calculating the componet output.  Currently, Componet1.value returns "Text".  I want it to return the numbers which is captured with varNumberEntered

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,130)