Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kumar9024021
Helper V
Helper V

Open NewForm,Edit Form as a dialog - SharePoint Online

Hi,

I am using Power-apps to develop SharePoint forms. Can the NewForm, EditForm be opened in a dialog, instead of slider control which opens on right for modern view ?

Similarly, if i use classic view, can the powerapp form open in dialog, rather than opening in new page. I tried changing the option in List --> Advanced settings, but nothing works. Any technical advice would be helpful. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kumar9024021 ,

It is by designed.

The "Launch forms in a dialog" function in advance setting only controls the classic view list.

For the Model view list, the form will always show in a panel that slider out on the right.

If you want to customize modern list, you may need to use SPFx, refer to :Customizing "modern" lists and libraries .

Best regards,

Sik

If my post is helpful for you, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kumar9024021 ,

It is by designed.

The "Launch forms in a dialog" function in advance setting only controls the classic view list.

For the Model view list, the form will always show in a panel that slider out on the right.

If you want to customize modern list, you may need to use SPFx, refer to :Customizing "modern" lists and libraries .

Best regards,

Sik

If my post is helpful for you, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Power Apps Community Call Jan. 2022 768x460.png

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, January 19th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,301)