Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

PLEASE HELP! No item to display Sharepoint data

Hi everyone,

I'm meeting a problem with my App.

When I launch it for the 1st time everything was Ok, but now after working with it in 1 week I face a problem.

We have 500 different ID numbers of customers in the DetailScreen. For the first 500-599 everything works great. But when we pass ID 600, problem arise. 

The problem is when I click on "EditButtn" whe I want to edit an already existing customer data card. Then I get my data in the Edit Form and I add som etext and change a Yes/No switch to Yes. Then I click SaveButton. Usually I navigates to the same ID that I just edited, and the new changes are saved and displayed. But now I get "No Item To Display" on the screen. And when I check the list on Sharepoint, all data is saved?!?

Can you help me please?

The OnSelect property on the Edit button is:  EditForm(EditForm1);Navigate(EditScreen1, ScreenTransition.None)
The OnSelect property on the Save button is: SubmitForm(EditForm1);Navigate(DetailScreen1, ScreenTransition.None)

I already tried to follow the steps in this guide: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/No-item-to-display-sharepoint-data/td-p/59244
but it didnt work 😞

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Re: PLEASE HELP! No item to display Sharepoint data

Anyone can help please?

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi gog,

What’s your current situation? Are you still having the issue?

When you create a new item, will it return the same error message?

Do you have more than 600 items in your list? When you edit existing items before ID 599, will you get the error message?

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hi Mabel

Thank you for your answer. Yes, I am having the same still.

yes, when Icreate a new item, it will return the same error message.

I have 500 items in my list. The ID number start at 501 and goes to 999. Before ID 600 (which means the first 100 ID:s) I dont get the error message.

Best regards, 
Gog

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Could you help please?

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

It's possible that when you insert or save the item, the gallery is reloaded and since the item isn't in the first page (which is loaded by the gallery), and since the Item property of the forms are set to the gallery selection, then nothing is selected and you can see that message.

One possible solution is to decouple the forms from the gallery selection. This way, when an item is inserted (or edited), you get the exact same item displayed properly.

The post at https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/carlosfigueira/2017/10/04/decouplingbrowsegalleryfromforms/ has detailed informatoin on how to decouple the forms. If you do that, I believe it will solve your problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Come join us today! Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,118)