cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeffprandall

Pass an record to be a default value

I need help getting dropdown values populated when moving from screen to screen when the dropdowns are filled+related to Lookup values in Dataverse tables.  I have three tables - Jobs, CTC Master, and CTC Detail.  Jobs is a list of jobs, CTC Master has some fields but one is a Lookup to Jobs, and CTC Detail has some fields but one is a Lookup to CTC Master. 

On my forms I would like to select a Job from a dropdown on the main page (works good), then navigate to another page/form that's linked to CTC Master but have the Job dropdown already populated with the Job selected from the first page.  Currently I have an OnChange event on the first page Navigate(CTC_Job_History, ScreenTransition.Cover, {selectedJob: DropdownJobs.Selected}) but I can't seem to have the next page Job dropdown populated with the selected job.  If I try DefaultSelectedItems = {value: selectedJob} it shows [Object Object].  If I use value: selectedJob.'Job Number' it shows the right value but it acts as if nothing is selected when I try and Submit the form.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jeffprandall

Always as soon as you post you figure out the answer :).  In the DefaultSelectedItems I just used selectedJob it worked.  I didn't need the {value: selectedJob}.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jeffprandall

Always as soon as you post you figure out the answer :).  In the DefaultSelectedItems I just used selectedJob it worked.  I didn't need the {value: selectedJob}.

View solution in original post

Hi @jeffprandall :

Glad to hear that you have solved this problem.Thanks for your feedback.

Best Regards,

Bof

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,451)