cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Possible to change Power Apps licensed user?

I have a question about the licensing. 

For example. I have two apps. One has 100 users, but they only use the app once a year. Another has 50 users and they use the app regularly. Can I only buy 100 licenses and assign them to 100 users when they need to run the app, and after that assign 50 of 100 to the 50 users of the other app? Since the first app is a one time job for the 100 users, buy 150 licenses will be a lot of waste.

Glad to know any suggestions about this kind of scenario.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

The problem with that scenario is that the 50 users need for licensing will overlap the 100 users need.  But you don't need a full 150 licenses.  If the 100 users only use one app then you can buy 100 per app licenses and 50 per user licenses which would be much cheaper than 150 per user licenses.  You can switch licenses from one user to another, but its not an immediate process.  So in the case you describe its not really practical.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

The problem with that scenario is that the 50 users need for licensing will overlap the 100 users need.  But you don't need a full 150 licenses.  If the 100 users only use one app then you can buy 100 per app licenses and 50 per user licenses which would be much cheaper than 150 per user licenses.  You can switch licenses from one user to another, but its not an immediate process.  So in the case you describe its not really practical.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Thanks for the answer. You are right, there might be overlapping so not so practical. 

One more question, can I change scale of licenses month by month, so I only have 150 licenses on that particular month and 50 licenses for the rest?

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,895)