cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmoorjmalani
Advocate III
Advocate III

Powerapps Dropdown Default vs Selected

I have a Department dropdown, whose default value depends on 2 other dropdowns Entity and Project, if Entity is Classic and a Project has been selected, then department related to Project should get assigned as default of Department dropdown, which is working just fine. The problem starts when I myself change the value of department dropdown and then select a different project then it kind of gets stuck to the value that i manually selected. When i try to see what is in Default, i see a changed value and when i try to print value of Department.Selected, I see the manually selected value. I have also observed that this is a on and off behavior. Am I wrong to think that whatever user selects, should get overwritten when user changes input to one or more dropdown on which the said dropdown depends on?

This is what i have set to default of Department dropdown:

If(
    TeamRequestForm.Mode = FormMode.New And DVEntity.Selected.Value = "Classic" And CountRows(drProject.SelectedItems) > 0,
    LookUp('Division Department',Organization.TermGuid =  drProject.Selected.Organization.TermGuid).Title,ThisItem.'Team Division Department'
 )

Thank you!!
Deepa Moorjmalani

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CNT
Super User
Super User

@dmoorjmalani Use Reset(Departmentdropdown) in the OnChange() of the other 2 drop downs. This will trigger the formula you have written in the Default property. Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
CNT
Super User
Super User

@dmoorjmalani Use Reset(Departmentdropdown) in the OnChange() of the other 2 drop downs. This will trigger the formula you have written in the Default property. Hope this helps!

dmoorjmalani
Advocate III
Advocate III

@CNT I thought it would be something to do with Reset(), I didn't google well;) thank you! This worked!

@dmoorjmalani Glad to help!

Please remember to give a 👍 and accept the solution as it will help others in the future.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,000)