cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveODea
Frequent Visitor

Problems with Browser auto-filling fields but not populating variables

I have encountered a problem with one of my forms, whereby the browser that I am using (Chrome in this instance) is auto-filling most of the fields in my form.

Whilst this is convenient, the problem is this action doesn't then populate the variables assigned to those fields triggered by "On Change", which means that the flow that I run upon successful submission of that form runs into problems.

Interestingly, the SharePoint list upon which the form is based populates correctly, it's just the variables which are not working.

For example, I have set a contextual variable on one field, but it is set to the attribute "On Change" but as the browser autofills the field, powerapps does not appear to recognise the "Change"

Has anyone else encountered similar and found a solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

@SteveODea 

This would definitely be more of a web browser (ie Chrome) issue rather than a PowerApps issue.  You'll want to turn off, or maybe even clear the Autofill feature in Chrome.

Link To Original Article on iClassPro Support

https://support.iclasspro.com/hc/en-us/articles/218569268-How-to-Disable-and-Clear-AutoFill-Info-in-...

Turning Off Autofill in Chrome

1. Click the Chrome menu icon. (Three dots at top right of screen.)
  2. Click on Settings.
  3. In the "Autofill" section, expand the area for which you wish to disable Autofill.
  4. Toggle the setting OFF if it is on.  The system will automatically save your settings.

Clearing Autofill Data in Chrome

1. Click the Chrome menu icon. (Three dots at top right of screen.)
  2. Click on History, then click on History again in the menu that appears.
  3. Select Clear browsing data.
    (Alternatively, you can press CTRL+SHIFT+DEL on your keyboard to bypass steps 1-3.)
  4. At the top, choose “the beginning of time” option to clear all saved data.
  5. Make sure that the “Clear saved Autofill form data” option is checked.
  6. Click Clear browsing data.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

@SteveODea 

This would definitely be more of a web browser (ie Chrome) issue rather than a PowerApps issue.  You'll want to turn off, or maybe even clear the Autofill feature in Chrome.

Link To Original Article on iClassPro Support

https://support.iclasspro.com/hc/en-us/articles/218569268-How-to-Disable-and-Clear-AutoFill-Info-in-...

Turning Off Autofill in Chrome

1. Click the Chrome menu icon. (Three dots at top right of screen.)
  2. Click on Settings.
  3. In the "Autofill" section, expand the area for which you wish to disable Autofill.
  4. Toggle the setting OFF if it is on.  The system will automatically save your settings.

Clearing Autofill Data in Chrome

1. Click the Chrome menu icon. (Three dots at top right of screen.)
  2. Click on History, then click on History again in the menu that appears.
  3. Select Clear browsing data.
    (Alternatively, you can press CTRL+SHIFT+DEL on your keyboard to bypass steps 1-3.)
  4. At the top, choose “the beginning of time” option to clear all saved data.
  5. Make sure that the “Clear saved Autofill form data” option is checked.
  6. Click Clear browsing data.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

Thanks @mdevaney 

This is ok for me, but I cannot guarantee that all users of my Powerapp (which will run into the thousands!) will do the same.

It seems confusing that Powerapps will recognise that the data card field has been filled-in for the purposes of submitting to SharePoint, but it will not for the purposes of populating a contextual variable on the same basis.

Is this a bug, do you think?

@SteveODea 

If you believe this to be a bug you can create a ticket with Microsoft support at the link below.  The person who creates the support ticket must be the administrator.  The forums will not be able to provide any help with bugs 😞

Create a Support Ticket Link

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

---

photonacl
Frequent Visitor

@SteveODea 

I encountered something similar. It appears that the "OnChange" function is not being honored when a field is filled out by autofill. I had to move the function associated with OnChange somewhere else to have it triggered.

Did you submitted a bug report on this? Any update from Microsoft?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (35,892)