cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Progress bar across multiple screens

I have progress bars that are to show how many of the text input fields have something entered into them.  For example in one section there is 50 questions that span over 3 screens. So each question is worth 2 out of a 100.

I would like to use the screen's OnVisible & all save buttons OnSelect to calculate the progress bar total.  So I am wondering what is the best way to go through all the columns in a data source record, determine how many are not blank and then multiple that by 2 to get the progress total.  

Is this possible?  Or is there some other way I should be looking at this?

For the main dashboard I am planning on using these custom component progress bars, and on the individual screens I will simply use a simple line progress bar across the very bottom.  https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Canvas-Apps-Components-Samples/Circle-Progress-Bar/m-p/434925/hi...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Progress bar across multiple screens

@Sacred_Totems 

I'm not trying to be smart here but maybe try asking the author of the Component if they think it's possible to do what you want? @R3dKap would likely have a better understanding of the capabilities.

Personally, I wouldn't be relying on Components in a production app just yet. They still seem like they have a few gremlins at the moment. I guess though, so long as you are prepared to accept that they may play up a little then by all means use them, they really are a great addition to PowerApps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@Sacred_Totems 

I'm not trying to be smart here but maybe try asking the author of the Component if they think it's possible to do what you want? @R3dKap would likely have a better understanding of the capabilities.

Personally, I wouldn't be relying on Components in a production app just yet. They still seem like they have a few gremlins at the moment. I guess though, so long as you are prepared to accept that they may play up a little then by all means use them, they really are a great addition to PowerApps.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

@Eelman 

Okay, thank you... Ya it is for production. 

Well I was starting to think it wasn't me but had not seen anyone mention anything since February.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @Sacred_Totems,

As I understand your need here, you have 50 fields that your users have to fill-in and you want to show a percentage of completion for the fields that have values.

Based on your explanation, I assumed you preferred to keep the /100 value (to show like a "100%" value), thus multiplying by 2 the number of filled fields.

Well, to ease your work I just updated the component: now you can choose to display a real percentage value inside the circle progress bar, instead of a value like X/Y. So just set the Max property of your component to the real number of fields that have to be filled and set the Value property to the real number of already-filled fields. Then, as explained on my post here(https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Canvas-Apps-Components-Samples/Circle-Progress-Bar/m-p/434925 or on Github https://github.com/e-gallis/PowerApps/blob/master/Components/CircleProgressBar/readme.md) set your component's ValueMode to YourCircleProgressBarComponent.ValueModeEnum.Progress and that will do the trick.

Oh, and about counting the number of fields that are empty, here is how I would do it:

• I would concatenate all fields from the item into a string, seperating the values with commas (use the Concat function for this)
  • Then I would split the resulting string using the comma as a separator (use Split for this)
  • You will end-up with a "vertical version" of your item where each field value would be a row in the resulting collection
  • Then just use the CountIf function to count the number of fields that are not blank (or blank and substract it from the total number of columns)

Of course, if the comma could be a character entered by your users in the fields, choose another separator (like '#' or '|').

Hope this will help...

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,130)