cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Send email from PowerApp with listbox

Attempting to send an email to a hard coded email address using the data that is displayed in a ListBox item. Here is what i am using currently 

Office365Outlook.SendEmail("user@email.com", Subject, "List: "&Concat(Box1.Selected.Result&))

The issue i am having is the email is delivered, but the only thing i see in the body is "List:". Nothing from the ListBox is making it to the body of the email.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Send email from PowerApp with listbox

@fcnchuck 

I believe this code segment is the problem.  Concat has 2 paramters: (Table, Formula). 

Concat(Box1.Selected.Result&)

Does your email show the proper info with this code instead? I chose SelectedItems instead because it references a Table even if a single row is selected.

Concat(Box1.SelectedItems,Result&" ")

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Just tried and now get this error within the editor -

"Invalid number of arguments: received 1, expected 2-3"

@mdevaney 

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@fcnchuck 

Formula bar screenshot please with error underlined.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

22.png

Super User
Super User

@fcnchuck 

Please replace the period ( . ) after SelectedItems with a comma ( , ) as shown in my code example above.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thank you- that was a silly mistake. Here is what i get now via email -33.png

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@fcnchuck 

Are you certain Result is the correct column name when used in this formula?  Perhaps you have the wrong column or maybe result is loaded with blank values. I've tested the solution on my side and do not have any issues.

Try to experiment by putting my code in the text column of a label and modify it until the desired result is achieved.

Concat(Box1.SelectedItems,Result&" ")

---

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@mdevaney 

Here is how my listbox is created that i am referencing to pull the final data from

Distinct(Filter(Source, 'Employee' = Employee.Selected.Result, Division=Division.Selected.Result, 'Office' = Office.Selected.Result, 'Cost'=Cost.Selected.Result), 'Adds')

'Adds' is the column in my data set that the final information is being selected from. I attempted to use the Adds column in what you suggested but no luck.

It does not appear to be returning blank values as i can see them visible in my listbox on the same screen before i attempt to generate my email.  Here is what my screen looks like

44.png

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@fcnchuck 

I am having issues replicating your situation on my side successfully.  When I make a listbox that looks like yours using the DISTINCT function I can successfully CONCAT the string and have it appear in a label.  There is something in your app I am not seeing and at this point I admit I am stuck.

@v-xida-msft @v-yutliu-msft 

Any thoughts on where to go from here?

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,618)