cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sending Emails using Office365.SendEmail()

I want to send the email when a SharePoint list item is added and have several questions on how to process.

1. I found that I can connect to Office 365 Outlook and use Office365.SendEmail() function which is pretty simple. The only question here is what is better in terms of which practice seems to be accepted or works the best. Compared to Sending Emails with using Microsoft Flow on PowerApp event, Microsoft Flow on SharePoint list event or sending within PowerApp using Office365.SendEmail(). Is there benefits of using one option over another?
  2. I have trouble getting email from a field. The field is People/Group in SharePoint. I have this function in the OnSuccess trigger of the form:
    Office365.SendEmail(DataCardValue17.Selected.Email,"TEST","TEST");Navigate(MainPage,ScreenTransition.Fade); ResetForm(FormCreateTravelRequest)

When I run the app and the form I get the following error on the Office365.SendEmail() function:
    The service returned an error: Office365!SendEmail: The method ‘SendEmail’ has an invalid value for parameter ‘To’
    Here is the pic:
    issue1.png
    Now I thought maybe it is not pulling the email correctly from the form field, to test that out I created the Label1 and its text changed to:
    DataCardValue17.Selected.Email

It appears to show the correct email. To test if it would work I changed the OnSuccess function to:
    Office365.SendEmail(Label1.Text,"TEST","TEST");Navigate(MainPage,ScreenTransition.Fade); ResetForm(FormCreateTravelRequest)

I tried to run it again and now I get this error:

The service returned an error: Office365!SendEmail: {“status”:404,”Message”:”User account does not exist”,”source”:”127.0.0.1”}
    Here is a pic:

issue2.png

I thought maybe its because it has mail.onmicrosoft.com suffix, even though I tried to send myself an email with the mail.onmicrosoft.com and it worked same as just using my real email address. To remove that I changed the text function of the label to:

Substitute(DataCardValue17.Selected.Email,"mail.onmicrosoft.com","ca")

However, this still produces same error (User account does not exist)

So now I am at a loss, what I am doing not right when trying to send the email?

3. I want to send a complex HTML email. How would I have to change the Office365.SendEmail() to do that?

Is writing this function enough?

Office365.SendEmail(Label1.Text,"<b>HTML TEXT</b><br><em>Hello World</em>","TEST",”isHtml:true”);

Does it matter that I put all HTML in the Office.SendEmail() function, would it be better if I added an HTML text control and made it hidden and then just linked it to the function?

Any help really appreciated!

14 REPLIES 14

I'll explore the option with Flow. I'm also integrating this powerapp onto a sharepoint page so that might be better anyway. Thanks tomgardzinski.

Frequent Visitor

Hey there you can use concat function to solve it. Save your mail in a Collection and Office365.SendEmail(Concat(Mail;Email;";");"TEST";"TEST").

It works ^^

View solution in original post

@AlexisHA clever workaround. Thanks!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Helper III
Helper III

Hello there, I know its an old thread, but i have a quick question. can you send an email from a mail distro as "Send As"?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (21,733)