cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hilpin

Sending email to outlook group direct from powerapp

Hi there - first time user here, basic app building.

I want to send an email to a large group of email addresses in Outlook directly from a Powerapp. I can successfully send it to an individual address, but when I put in the group name it doesn't recognise it. This is what I have....

Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2(EnterEmail_1.Text, EnterSubject, RichTextEditor2.HtmlText,{Attachments:RenameColumns(AttachmentControl.Attachments, "Value", "ContentBytes")})

When the name of the Outlook group is in the EnterEmail_1.Text box it doesn't work, but if I manually put in an individual email address it works. What is the best way to send an email to a large group without exposing their email addresses from my Powerapp? Thanks for any help, please keep it simple lingo as a beginner!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hilpin:

Firstly, let me explain why you encountered the problem.

The point is that the value of the "To" parameter must be an email address.In addition, the group also has an email address. You need to fill in the email address of this group.

1.JPG

Secondly,your formula does not support sending emails anonymously, and the sender is still yourself. If you need to send anonymously, you must have a shared mailbox, and then edit the from parameter of SendEmailV2.

In the test, I used the shared mailbox I created

Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2("MYGroup@XXXXX.com","Test2","Test2",{From:"shareadress@XXXX.com"})

I think this link will help you a lot:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/office365/#send-an-email-(v2)

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hilpin:

Firstly, let me explain why you encountered the problem.

The point is that the value of the "To" parameter must be an email address.In addition, the group also has an email address. You need to fill in the email address of this group.

1.JPG

Secondly,your formula does not support sending emails anonymously, and the sender is still yourself. If you need to send anonymously, you must have a shared mailbox, and then edit the from parameter of SendEmailV2.

In the test, I used the shared mailbox I created

Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2("MYGroup@XXXXX.com","Test2","Test2",{From:"shareadress@XXXX.com"})

I think this link will help you a lot:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/office365/#send-an-email-(v2)

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (23,259)