Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Submit Form: Update property issue

[Update property of the datacards]

I have a form with several datacards containing Date + Hours fields.

The update property of each datacard contains the following condition:

If(fieldNameChange = false, "",DateValue82.SelectedDate + Time(Value(HourValue82.Selected.Value),Value(MinuteValue82.Selected.Value),0))

where the "fieldNameChange" is a variable that is set to true when the user inputs data in the datacard.

[Issue]

The system works perfectly when I am testing it in PowerApps studio: if the user didn't input data in the datacard, the field is empty in the database.

However, when I do the same thing on my iPhone, the field is not empty in the database and it is filled with default values (current date and 00:00 for the time). I have an iPhone 8 with the latest version of PowerApps

Why is everything working correctly in PowerApps studio but not on my phone?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @alexlrca ,

I have a number of apps using iPhones and iPads with dates and times, but have not had conditional updates.

I am suspecting the "" is causing the issue - the following might be worth a try

If(
   fieldNameChange,
   DateValue82.SelectedDate + 
   Time(
      Value(
         HourValue82.Selected.Value
      ),
      Value(
         MinuteValue82.Selected.Value
      ),
   )
)

simply, if the value is not true, do not write anything.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Hi @alexlrca ,

Very strange indeed.

Just for interest (this does not solve your problem), try removing the update properties entirely and see if you get anything written back on the iPhone.

The other thing you might try is Patching it back with the same logic. This may give a more robust control over the process.

Happy to assist your efforts further if required.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @alexlrca ,

I have a number of apps using iPhones and iPads with dates and times, but have not had conditional updates.

I am suspecting the "" is causing the issue - the following might be worth a try

If(
   fieldNameChange,
   DateValue82.SelectedDate + 
   Time(
      Value(
         HourValue82.Selected.Value
      ),
      Value(
         MinuteValue82.Selected.Value
      ),
   )
)

simply, if the value is not true, do not write anything.

Highlighted

Hi @WarrenBelz ,

I've just tried what you suggested, but the problem is still there..

Seems very strange that everything works fine on my laptop with PowerApps studio, but not on my iPhone. 

It is as if the condition is satisfied in PowerApps Studio, but not on mobile. In addition, I tried to open the app in web browser, and the problem also appears.

I've written some debugging text in each datacard to check if the condition was met.. and it actually is. I really don't understand what is going wrong 

Hi @alexlrca ,

Very strange indeed.

Just for interest (this does not solve your problem), try removing the update properties entirely and see if you get anything written back on the iPhone.

The other thing you might try is Patching it back with the same logic. This may give a more robust control over the process.

Happy to assist your efforts further if required.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,852)