cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
OlaH
Level: Powered On

Timesheet - multiple names at the same time

I want to make a timesheet where the date and time attributed to several people at once.
Date and time are two text boxes with Today and Now "hh:mm".
I tried to select multiple names from a list box but got "false" as name. The data source is an Excel file on my OneDrive.
Could it be done? How?

5 REPLIES 5
mr-dang
Level 10

Re: Timesheet - multiple names at the same time

If I understand your need, you are trying to assign multiple people to the same time block on a timesheet.

You will need to nest one gallery into another gallery.

In the example below, my outer gallery is just ["Team 1","Team 2","Team 3",...]. My inner gallery uses a formula that Filters which names are associated with which team.

2016-10-25.png

So you might have your outer gallery, Gallery1, be the dates and times needed for your timecard. Your nested gallery, Gallery2, will be created inside Gallery1. It will need a formula like below:

Filter(Gallery2,DateColumnAssociatedWithEachPerson=ThisItem.Date)

This will show names of people whose names are associated with the given datetime.

I can clarify more if I know what your datasource looks like.

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom
OlaH

Thank you so much mr-dang for your advice but it's not really what I had in mind. I'm trying to make an timesheet app for an after school center and I want to report when every kid goes home. And they don't go home at the same time every day. Not like your great idea of teams. 
I'd like to be able to pick several kids, like in a list box, and assign them at the same time.
Something like this.

timesheetapp.png

mr-dang
Level 10

Got it. I would recommend using Gallery1 with those names rather than a ListBox. This will allow you to reference each entry with:

Last(FirstN(pupils,#)).Name

Gallery1 will not fit inside the Form, so this solution would work independent of one. So rather than using SubmitForm, you could setup a Timer control that Patches for the number of items selected the Gallery1. This method will need to manually reference each argument in the Form, but it will Patch automatically. See @hpkeong's post for more information.

checkicon.OnSelect:
UpdateContext({savenames: true, iter: 0})
Timer1.Text: iter
Timer1.AutoPause: false
Timer1.AutoStart: savenames
Timer1.Repeat: savenames
Timer1.Start: savenames
Timer1.OnTimerEnd:
If(savenames,
If(iter<CountRows(Gallery1.AllItems),
UpdateContext({iter: iter+1});

Patch(goinghome,Defaults(goinghome),
{Date: TextInput1.Text,
Time: TextInput2.Text,
Pupil: Last(First(pupils,iter)).Name
}
),

UpdateContext({savenames: false});
NewForm(Form1)
)
)

This formula will Patch until the iteration number, iter, is equal to the number of items selected in your Gallery of names. It will count up one each time. At its conclusion, it will stop the timer and clear the form.

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom
OlaH

Thank you ever so much mr-dang for your edwise and effort to help.

The thing is, I'm just a curios guy who just started looking at Powerapps and read the tutorials. Therefore I'm not really sure what you mean. I'll never used Patch but I'll try my best.

Perhaps I'll be back or perhaps you could help me with a more detailed instruktion. 

OlaH

Hi again

I believe this is just what we're looking for but I'm a beginner at Powerapps and need a more detailed instruction. 

Could someone help me?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,939)