cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TGrounds
Resolver II
Resolver II

Updating a Boolean in SharePoint using Patch throws 'An Unknown Error Occurred'

I'm working with a form that reads records from one data source (SharePoint List) into a Gallery and using a button on each record, It writes or updates a record in a second SharePoint list.  I was running into an issue were nothing would update so I began breaking it down field by field.  I use the First(Filter method to find the record to update and then update two text fields and two Boolean fields.  When I added the first Boolean field I received a message 'An Unknown Error Occurred'  Here is the code I'm using:

Patch(CustomerSuccessCriteriaTracking, First(Filter(CustomerSuccessCriteriaTracking, Customer='CMB:SelectCustomer'.Selected.Value && Success_Engagement='CMB:SelectSuccessEngagement'.Selected.Value && Success_Internal_ID = SuccessInternalIDExample.Text)),
{Success_Description:SuccessCriteriaDescriptionExample.Text},
{Unit_of_Measure:UOMExample.Text},
{From_Value:SetFromValue})

I'm successful when I leave out the 'From_Value' statement.  This is the Boolean value.

Has anyone else run into this?  is there a different way I need to be dealing with this data type?

Thanks-
Tom.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TGrounds
Resolver II
Resolver II

And I'm an idiot... For some reason I put the Boolean values into a Text box rather than in a Checkbox.  Once I made that change it is working as expected.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TGrounds
Resolver II
Resolver II

And I'm an idiot... For some reason I put the Boolean values into a Text box rather than in a Checkbox.  Once I made that change it is working as expected.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,341)