cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Updating labels from button onselect

I have a form that has parent/child combo boxes, combobox1 and combobox2. Based on the selected items I would like for the 5 labels to update on the onselect of a button, button1. The data is linked to an excel table and if the data doesn't exist in the table then I would like the action of the button to also prompt another form for the user to add the info. The added info would populate another excel table to be review and added to the master table at a later point. See example below.

combobox1: Brand name

combobox2: product ID

Button1: "View"

5 labels that show attributes of the product i.e. height, weight, material type, etc.

If data doesn't exist form 2 pop ups.

Currently the data shows without the use of the button since I have lookup functions in each label but would prefer users to hit view before label text appear.

I am a novice at best with powerapps so any help would be great.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Updating labels from button onselect

Hi @bdjones23 

You can have your labels appear based on a button press.  You can use UpdateContext({showlabel: true}) show the label or to toggle the visibility  UpdateContext({showlabel: !showlabel}) by putting this in the OnSelect property of the button.  You set the Visible property of the label to showlabel. If you want the labels hidden by default, make the OnVisible property of the screen containing the labels UpdateContext({showlabel:false})

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Updating labels from button onselect

Hi @bdjones23 

You can have your labels appear based on a button press.  You can use UpdateContext({showlabel: true}) show the label or to toggle the visibility  UpdateContext({showlabel: !showlabel}) by putting this in the OnSelect property of the button.  You set the Visible property of the label to showlabel. If you want the labels hidden by default, make the OnVisible property of the screen containing the labels UpdateContext({showlabel:false})

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,617)