cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OsmandFernando Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Why my app shows as left aligned?

Dear Experts,

I want to say that I am done with my app. I want to thank everyone who helped me and shaped me to achieve this. This means a lot to me. I will thank to every person from their name when I find a solution for this issue. 

My concern is,  the app shows as left aligned when I open the app from the sharing link as follows, 

As you can see from below image there are space in the right side. I want it to have center align. Can I do that?

Capture.PNG 

Osmand

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Why my app shows as left aligned?

@OsmandFernando 

It appears others users were having the same issue as you.  Check out this post for some ideas on how to fix the problem.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps-Formerly/Why-Canvas-App-Open-on-the-Left-Sid...

Also, another handy tip for you: if you want to hide the purple navbar put add this to the end of your app play URL in the webbrowser.

&hidenavbar=true

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Check the X property of gallery, form, or controls that are placed directly on the screens in your app.  The X, Y coordinates set the upper left corner of the controls in reference to the screen or the container, like a gallery or form, they are in.  By setting those values using a formula you can center the app.  For example, if you want to center the header label you would set X = to (screenname.width-labelname.width)/2.  That would take half the whitespace on the screen and place it to the left of the label.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Super User
Super User

@OsmandFernando 

It appears others users were having the same issue as you.  Check out this post for some ideas on how to fix the problem.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps-Formerly/Why-Canvas-App-Open-on-the-Left-Sid...

Also, another handy tip for you: if you want to hide the purple navbar put add this to the end of your app play URL in the webbrowser.

&hidenavbar=true

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

OsmandFernando Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

The reason was the advance settings "Optimize embedding appearance"

@mdevaney @Pstork1 @PowerAddict @yashag2255 @v-yutliu-msft @v-xida-msft @SKH19 @iAm_ManCat @timl @v-alzhan-msft 

@Gristy @efialttes @Jay-Encodian @v-bacao-msft @Gareth1 @Krishna92 @RobElliott @v-monli-msft @v-siky-msft @v-litu-msft 

A big thank to all of you for supporting me and enhancing me.  if I missed any name above for them also Thank you so much. 

I have done my 1st app using powerapps. 

Osmand

Super User
Super User

Well done on creating your first app @OsmandFernando! I'm really delighted for you. It's wonderful to see all the help that you've received from the community. Big kudos to everyone here!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,885)