cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fomenter
Regular Visitor

cascading dropdown based on many variables

Hello,

I am trying to create an app for my engineering economy students.  There will be 4 drop downs. The first one will indicate the percentage (from 0.5% to 50%). The second dropbox will have 8 different economic choices. The third one will look at the "number of years" (25 different choices).  Based on all these different variables, I want app to extract/populate/give me the precalculated figure.  (Please see attachment)

I had a chance to build a few very basic apps, but this one seems to be out of my scope. Can somebody guide me? 

3 REPLIES 3
PeterDonohue
Advocate II
Advocate II

You 'could' put all those values into code creating large tables within your app, or you could store those in sharepoint lists / database and then reference them.

Once you have your data stored somewhere that is accessible, it should be as simple as using a filter/lookup combination to populate the dropdowns dynamically

I guess the point that I am having a problem with is the last dropdown box. How would I connect from a dropdown list to a text box which would give me the answer (based on my selection of economic expression to the final value)?

I attached two files for you to view the files. Thank you for your help

It will be something like:

Lookup(
   PowerAppList,
       year = Dropdown1.Selected.Value && 
       interest = Dropdown2.Selected.Value && 
       econ =. Dropdown3.Selected.Value,
       finalvalue
)

After selected there is an attribute Value - this will depend on the data type, it may be text etc

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (73,816)