Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerAGuy
Helper III
Helper III

design conundrum - choice field

Hey all,

I've got SP choice field allowing multiple selections.

Approx. 15 items in the choice field, if any one is selected a further 4 fields appear for further info for each selected item.

The obvious option was creating 4 fields for each selected item (15*4 fields) - this seems a little long winded... is there a better way, how would you approach this?

I've asked the business as to how many realistically they anticipate ever being selected, but for now I should assume many (8-10) 

4 REPLIES 4
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@PowerAGuy 

Consider approaching your design by using a Gallery.  The Gallery can contain the additional 4 entries that you want and can be based dynamically on the number of items selected in your Combobox.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

@RandyHayes 

But would those values in the gallery then be written back to SP, meaning need to have a number of additional fields created in SP?
Are they are links so i can visually see this way you have suggested?

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@PowerAGuy 

I'm not entirely sure what you want to do with the information once you gather it in the 4 additional fields and per selected item.  

Is this going into a separate list?  Is it supposed to go in the same list? If so, how are you planning that?  The PowerApps side of it is pretty straightforward, the data side is critical to know in terms of how you would handle it.

If you can provide more details on how this is supposed to flow, then perhaps I could shed some more options your way.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

@RandyHayes 

You can ignore this

It appears the business can have just the 1 field to capture the information

Thanks for your support

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,055)