cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sscarcella
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

multi select into individual text box

I have a multi select combo box control with 30-40 items in it.  A user can select up to 12 items.  I have 12 text input boxes.  AFTER they have selected the items they want from the combo box control, I want to populate the individual text boxes with each of the items consecutively.  
Any suggestions on the best way to go about this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@sscarcella 

To make it work with selections less than 12, can you update all the expressions as:

First Text Box -> If(CountRows(Combobox1.SelectedItems)>=1,Last(FirstN(Combobox1.SelectedItems, 1)).ColumnName,"")

Second Text Box ->If(CountRows(Combobox1.SelectedItems)>=2,Last(FirstN(Combobox1.SelectedItems, 2)).ColumnName,"")

Third Text Box -> If(CountRows(Combobox1.SelectedItems)>=3,Last(FirstN(Combobox1.SelectedItems, 3)).ColumnName,"")

12th Text Box -> If(CountRows(Combobox1.SelectedItems)>=12,Last(FirstN(Combobox1.SelectedItems, 12)).ColumnName,"")

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @sscarcella 

Can you try to set the configuration as:

First Text Box -> Last(FirstN(Combobox1.SelectedItems, 1)).ColumnName

Second Text Box -> Last(FirstN(Combobox1.SelectedItems, 2)).ColumnName

Third Text Box -> Last(FirstN(Combobox1.SelectedItems, 3)).ColumnName

12th Text Box -> Last(FirstN(Combobox1.SelectedItems, 12)).ColumnName

Here, you need to replace ColumnName with the name of column you want to fetch.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Thank you for the reply.  It sort of works but if a user just selects one item it fills all the text inputs with that item.  Any suggestions on how to only fill one input box at a time?

KranthiTupakula
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@sscarcella  Take a Gallery and insert text input box.

ComboBox2.SelectedItems would be the items property of the gallery

and Thisitem.Name would be the default property of the text input.

KranthiTupakula_0-1599754216087.png

If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

@sscarcella 

To make it work with selections less than 12, can you update all the expressions as:

First Text Box -> If(CountRows(Combobox1.SelectedItems)>=1,Last(FirstN(Combobox1.SelectedItems, 1)).ColumnName,"")

Second Text Box ->If(CountRows(Combobox1.SelectedItems)>=2,Last(FirstN(Combobox1.SelectedItems, 2)).ColumnName,"")

Third Text Box -> If(CountRows(Combobox1.SelectedItems)>=3,Last(FirstN(Combobox1.SelectedItems, 3)).ColumnName,"")

12th Text Box -> If(CountRows(Combobox1.SelectedItems)>=12,Last(FirstN(Combobox1.SelectedItems, 12)).ColumnName,"")

Hope this Helps!

View solution in original post

Thank you so much @yashag2255 , it worked like a charm!

Thanks for the kudo Randy 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,833)