cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vllanso
Advocate II
Advocate II

"PowerApps (V2)" new trigger ?

I just noticed that, when creating a new flow to be triggered from a PowerApp, I have available two triggers:
* PowerApps

* PowerApps (V2)

Am I wrong ? Or this "PowerApps (V2)" is something new since recently ?

If I click on the small information icon besides the trigger it mentions: "Trigger the flow from PowerApps, perform some other work of your choosing, and then return a response back to PowerApps."

... that looks equivalent to the information that appears for the existing trigger ("Use a button or link in PowerApps to trigger an action in this flow.").

I am just curios where to find information about the V2 trigger.

Thanks,

Victor.

3 REPLIES 3
Erlandcrf
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello @vllanso 

Yes, this is the newer version of the PowerApps trigger. Currently I could not find public information for this new version of the trigger but I will circle back internally and reply on this same thread once I have more concrete information.

Thanks.

HadynM
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

The new V2 trigger allows you to stipulate the parameters that will be passed to the flow from your PowerApp.  This is a huge improvement on the 'Ask in PowerApps' feature in V1.  The next best thing is that you can say whether a parameter is optional or not, meaning you don't have to send through empty data if it's not required.  That's all I've found so far, but loving the improvements 🙂

Hello HadynM,

thanks for your update, and I just show a few days ago this short video from Reza Dorrani that expliains in a minute these new features of V2 trigger.

Regards, Victor.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,791)