cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cannot use PowerBI as data source

Exactly that was my problem. My approach was wrong. I "only" had to add the PowerApps Custom Visual to my PowerBI Report and select "Select App". Thats all. Thank you all for helping me out!

BrandonJ
Level: Power Up

The issue I had with the connector not appearing was due to using Edge.  PowerBI Integration connector appeared in PowerApps studio using Chrome only.  MSFT, please address, thanks!

mjohnson
Level: Power Up

Hello all,

I'm trying to do similar but I want to insert a small data table into my PowerApp. On the Power BI side I use the PowerApp custom visual, select the state/units/revenue/etc fields like I normally would for a data table. 

After launching the PowerApps Studio editor the attached screenshot is all I get. More like a website's navigational menu than anything.

Can data tables (in any form) from Power BI be used in PowerApps?

PankajShende
Level: Powered On

HI, 

I am looking for the exactly same functinality. 

If we go from Power BI and create new app from power app visual it works then filters used in power bi report are in sync but edit functionality doesn't work 

And when i choose existing app from power app visual in power bi then the power bi filters are not in sync with the app.

I have tried to choose existiing app then and edit app and then changed the Gallery1 source to PowerBIntegration.Data but then no data reflecting. 

Any help on this.

Thanks,

Paulino

Use a PowerBI Dataset in PowerApp, in order to visualize data in PowerApp

Paulino

I would like to be able to visualize applications from power bi in power App, for example, I have the stock in PowerBI, I create an application from PowerBI, with stock data, this application is not seen from powerApp, and the visualization of the application as DashBoard is deficient.

Powerapp is optimized for mobile phones, But I can not see the data from powerApp

AppPowerBI.PNGpoweapp.PNG

Paulino

Power Bi, generally contains transactional information, how much I have invoiced for a product, this information when analyzed, not saved, the decision is made and attempts are made to correct the disconnections, if from power app I could recover that information from power bi, will allow to create a knowledge base of analysis, actions and results. From Power BI datasources.

I visualize the fact in power app, I rate it, I add corrective options and objective
Power BI facts + corrective actions and deviations from the objectives

In this way, in Bi power I have transactional information, in power app I complete the information and in Bi power I have new measurements or related dimensions, which allow me to feed back my bi systems, and create a base of knowledge of the analytics made about it, that Allow me not to make the same mistakes and replicate the successes.
reddyapps

@ThatAPIGuy   how u added the PowerBIIntegration object to existing app in powerapps?.  i cannot see the 'create new' option in Powerapp custom visual in Power Bi desktop 

Super User
Super User

@reddyapps 

Attaching some screenshots below that might help you.

2019-06-27 09_00_40-Powerapps Analytics Demo - Power BI and 2 more pages - Microsoft Edge.png

2019-06-27 08_58_07-Powerapps Analytics Demo - Power BI and 2 more pages - Microsoft Edge.png

2019-06-27 08_58_38-Powerapps Analytics Demo - Power BI and 2 more pages - Microsoft Edge.png

Vivek Bavishi aka That API Guy
PowerApps and Flow MVP
Blog | Twitter | YouTube | Community Profile | GitHub

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
reddyapps

@ThatAPIGuy  after you 'choose app' in the visual, how u add 'PowerBIIntegration' object.    if we have  'create app' option  then when we edit, it will take us to Powerapps studio and aytomatcally add 'PowerBIIntegration'  object in it.

So my question is, now 'create app' option is not there.  From choose app , how we do above stepps?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

Follow PowerApps on Twitter

Stay Up-to-Date by following PowerApps on Twitter

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Let's thank our top community contributors

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

FifthImage

Dynamics 365 and Power Platform April 2019 Release notes

Features releasing from April 2019 through September 2019!

Users Online
Currently online: 92 members 4,285 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: