cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
naiani
Frequent Visitor

SHAREPOINT lookup column issue with people type column

Hi!

I want to automate and send items of a certain position for the person in charge using flow.

Before building the flow, I hit this issue with sharepoint lookup column.

I've created a lookup list with 2 columns: Position (text type), and Responsible Person (People/Groups from the Global Address from my company).

What I want is in another list (that will be the database for my flow), to set the Position and get the Responsible person, but it is not showing up to be selected when creating the lookup column.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
manuelstgomes
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @naiani 

Sorry got a little bit confused with what you need 😀

So your lookup columns are not displaying the data? Why are you creating another list when you have all information there?

Can you please share the Power Automate and obfuscate anything private that you can't share so that I can have a better understanding of what you're trying to do and the issues.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

Tom_Slosse
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hey @naiani 

I'm a bit confused also of what you are trying to accomplish here by "creating" the lookup column.

Are you trying to create a new item in that db list or are you trying to achieve something else?

You could always use the Send a HTTP request to SharePoint action to update the newly created item.

So first put the Create item action and right behind that you use said action to update that lookup column.

Kind regards

Tom

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered.

Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Hello @Tom_Slosse  @manuelstgomes 

Thanks for responding.

Problem actually is not on flow, but in the Sharepoint database before it.

My Goal is to delegate and send emails for people responsible for each document, so:

The database is this, associating a document to a position (Cargo in Portuguese)

https://imgur.com/jK5137e

In this other one, I have who is the person associated with the position (did it in separate lists to be easier to manage in case of turnover for example)

https://imgur.com/AoyToYg

So what I need is to insert the person from the 2nd list in the 1st list, to have a full database for my flow.

I've read about lookup columns, but couldnt find anything like this problem. All articles tell me that it is possible to ad this lookup column, but the Person/Grouo type column is now showing up when creating it.

Sorry about imgur links, somehow I cant upload images directly here.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,161)