cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gbuhre
Level: Powered On

Re: Email in flow now working

I thought it was working.   It's doing the samething as of yesterday.

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Send_an_email' inputs at line '1' and column '1763': 'The template language expression 'json(decodeBase64(triggerOutputs().headers['X-MS-APIM-Tokens']))['$connections']['shared_office365']['connectionId']' cannot be evaluated because property 'shared_office365' doesn't exist, available properties are 'shared_sharepointonline, shared_sendmail'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'.

Administrator
Administrator

so i reached out to my support team and this is what i was told should be able to help you.

This one's a known issue that arises when the Connection between PowerApps and Flows gets busted. Please delete the Flow as a DataSource and re-add it. Here's a  similar Forum Post that will help

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/flow-launched-from-powerapps-error/m-p/43399

View solution in original post

Highlighted
gbuhre

I made a copy of the work flow using the save as featuere and disabled the old workflow and enabled to new one I just saved.  That seem to fix the issue.   I appricate you looking into this for me.

Administrator
Administrator

Great news!

my pleasure.

DuffmanA

Capture456.PNG

The conversion to PDF for me is not triggered by PowerApps (in fact its not used at all). The trigger is a SP item.

I have just created a new flowfrom scratch and get the same issue:

If I use a docx it can convert, however I dont have a docx I have an html file that I want to convert. It was working, but has stopped now.

Any chnace on finding an update to this issue ? Or do we need to abondon flow as a solution.

Thanks

jsarnold
Level 8

MS is aware, and currently working to fix the issue: https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ 

ck25415
Level 8

Hello,

Was this issue fixed, I have tried numerous times deleting the powerapps datasource from the app and readding it.Also, when I try to add it back i get the "Failed to register Service" message for the flow. So, I went ahead and recreated the flow several times and when the flow starts to run I still see the same issue. This happens with two flows.

I have contacted support team, If I hear a different resoltuion, will post it here.

Thanks,

mcolbert
Level 8

@JonL-MSFT

This is still broken, I contactly get this error building flows even before I call then from PowerApps (although tht etrigger is PowerApps. Can we please get this fixed. I get this error when adding steps using Azure Blob, SFTP, Outlook, etc, etc. 

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Get_blob_content_using_path' inputs at line '1' and column '2489': 'The template language expression 'json(decodeBase64(triggerOutputs().headers['X-MS-APIM-Tokens']))['$connections']['shared_azureblob']['connectionId']' cannot be evaluated because property 'shared_azureblob' doesn't exist, available properties are 

Is there a known workaround?

I would considered this a critical issue.

cc: @Audrie-MSFT

cjhealy

Re: What a suprise

I'm also experiencing this issue. A flow triggered via powerapps gives me this error:

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Send_an_email' inputs at line '1' and column '1962': 'The template language expression 'json(decodeBase64(triggerOutputs().headers['X-MS-APIM-Tokens']))['$connections']['shared_office365']['connectionId']' cannot be evaluated because property 'shared_office365' doesn't exist, available properties are 'shared_office365_1, shared_sharepointonline'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'.

I have removed the flow from data sources, created a copy, and re-added the copy but still see the same error. 

AxelBA

Re: What a suprise

I had a 3 flows depending on Cosmos DB connector. All 3 were used different places in my PowerApp. This error occoured in my setup, when I tried to add a second Cosmos DB connection. Everything in my new app seemed to try to use the first Cosmos DB Connection and just failed miserably. My original app worked as a charm though. I read all the posts on the issue being caused by a bad connection (what happend to self-healing?) and that the only solution was to delete the broken data connection. I deleted my Cosmos DB and added a new connection to the first flow, the other 2 flows had to be updated with the new connection aswell obviously. BUT, unfortunately this made my else well running PowerApp stop working. I had to go to update the folw on all the screens, where they were used, before the app would run again. This meant updating long segments of code, where the default behavior, when updating a flow connection in PowerApps is to blank out whatever code is already there. Fortunately I have lost code this way before and just copied the code prior to adding the flow and then just pasted the code right back in there. Once the flows were updated once in the PowerApp, the other references to each flow worked for all references. I must say, that this Bad-Connection-Fix-by-deleting feature makes adoption of Flows and PowerApps pretty steep, which I find a pity, since this is such a powerfull and easy to use tool otherwise. In a production environment this solution is pretty unacceptable.
mcolbert
Level 8

Is there a fix in the works? The Connection between PowerApps and Flows gets busted  is a very common occurence that kills productivity. Any update?

SCTdan
Level 8

This is so annoying and frustrating, this needs to be fixed.  I made zero changes to the powerapp or the flow, just stopped out of nowhere.

I can't trust that my apps will even run consistently.  When (not if) a connection breaks, I have to spend half my day trying a half dozen fixes and then fix the collateral damage.  If I use the same flow in a few places in a couple apps (like this one), gotta go into all of those and delete / reconnect to the flow.  

I don't care that you added a connector for the newest *.ly site, fix the underlying production-impacting issues first.  (yes I know those are different teams)

hartzki

This.

Its a ridiculous situation. I am running close to zero trust and I am spending far too much time checking and rechecking. Sort it out. 

@SCTdan wrote:

This is so annoying and frustrating, this needs to be fixed.  I made zero changes to the powerapp or the flow, just stopped out of nowhere.

I can't trust that my apps will even run consistently.  When (not if) a connection breaks, I have to spend half my day trying a half dozen fixes and then fix the collateral damage.  If I use the same flow in a few places in a couple apps (like this one), gotta go into all of those and delete / reconnect to the flow.  

I don't care that you added a connector for the newest *.ly site, fix the underlying production-impacting issues first.  (yes I know those are different teams)

DavePotts_BritE

I've just come across https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4477072/best-practices-updating-a-flow-used-by-a-powerapp including this quote:

Once a PowerApp is published it is always recommended to make copies of Flows used by the PowerApps to make any updates.  Any update to a Flow referenced by a live PowerApp has the potential to break existing users.  Do not delete or turn off the existing Flows until all users have been upgraded to the new published version of the PowerApp.  

Ouch!

Here's how I fixed my problem:

1. Took "My Flow" and used save as to create "My Flow v0.2"
  2. Edited the canvas app
  3. In the app updated the flow connection to the v0.2 version
  4. Saved the new app version
  5. Published the app version
  6. Turned on the v0.2 flow

mcolbert
Level 8

This is why you should have environments for Dev, uat and prd. Making versions of flows is a messy work around that Microsoft should not be recommending. It’s not good practice to be modifying an app that users are using for any real work.
Using environments, allows you to export a solution, apps and flows together, when the app is in a good working state and import into the higher environment. The tools for import/export are decent but time consuming if you have a lot of flows.

I’ve run across too many situations (even outside of PowerApps usage) where flow and the underlying connection fall out of sync and require workarounds, rework, etc. which results in wasted time, frustration and defeats the whole efficient development experience in a low no code tool. And agree this creates lack of trust with the tool. The power platform has HUGE potential and I hope we can get over these growing pains very soon!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 487 members 6,325 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: