cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MC7

What flow connectors do I use if I want to sent a notification with task due date & request acknowledgement?

I am trying to set up a manually triggered flow that you can select when you upload a new document into a Share point library. I want the flow to send a notification to different users depending on the document. I need to include a message to ask the user to read the document and for them to acknowledge this by sending back a receipt. I also need to include a due date in the message, and would like for the flow to send a notification to the users calendar for a 'task due'. I have looked at many Flow templates but none seem to match and can't seem create a flow manually. Every time I try, the trigger only recognises me as the user and I can't seem to find a connector that sends to another user. The flow that is somewhat similar is the 'Automate - Request Sign-off' flow already in Microsoft 365, but this flow doesn't allow you to include a message, or due date, or send a task due notification. The Automate - Request Sign-off also refers to 'Approval' which I don't want, as the users will not be approving but just sending back acknowledgement. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
NiloferA
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hello @MC7 ,

What you are trying to achieve here can be done, but with some extra efforts 😜

Lets look at it step by step

1. You want the Flow to be triggered manually when a document is uploaded, you can do this by using "For a Selected File" trigger from Instant Cloud Flows
    1. NiloferA_0-1623429360210.png

2. You want to add a Calendar event in User's Calendar for a certain date, this can be done using Graph API. Please refer below posts for creating an App in Azure AD that can be used to authenticate our HTTP Requests to Graph API.
    1. Add an App in Azure AD and call Graph API from Flow - https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/calling-graph-api-from-power-automate-flow/ , please be careful while adding the permissions you will also have to select all the permissions under Calendar
    2. NiloferA_2-1623429578310.png
    3. Graph API Requests for Creating an event - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/calendar-post-events?view=graph-rest-1.0&tabs=http
    4. You will need to pass User Id in this api request for creating an event, which you can get from "Get User Profile" action.
    5. NiloferA_3-1623430132612.pngNiloferA_4-1623430173014.png

3. You also want to send out an email with custom text and receive acknowledgement from user, - You can use "Send an email with options" action here. It lets you add Choices for User to select from and waits till the User responds with one of the options.

Let me know if you need further help on this topic.

Please give a Kudo if you found this helpful or Mark this Reply as Solution if it solved your problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,028)