cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbatesy

Adding another argument to FIlter() when using a Dataverse view returns incorrect results

Hi all,

I have a table CC_Transactions that has views that filter based on a few yes/no columns. If I use the filter with the View and no other args, I get the expected result. But as soon as I add the second arg, which will only show results relevant to the user. The results appear as is there is no View in the filter (basically ignoring the View argument and only filtering based on the second argument).

Heres my code: 

With only View (works fine):
Sort(Filter(CC_Transactions, 'CC_Transactions (Views)'.'Reconciled & Unapproved'), cr940_date)
With 2nd arg (breaks):
Sort(Filter(CC_Transactions, 'CC_Transactions (Views)'.'Reconciled & Unapproved', cr940_cc_number = LookUp(CC_Users, ActiveDirectory_UserName = selectedItem.Mail).CC_Number

This looks to be a bug, I might just revert my code to filtering all in-app?

I am using PowerApps in teams.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @jbatesy, Yup I think this is by design/bug. You can filter either by a view or all the formulas, not mixed. I would recommend to just filter within the app. It may also simplify your debugging/maintenance as the filtering logic is all in one place. Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @jbatesy, Yup I think this is by design/bug. You can filter either by a view or all the formulas, not mixed. I would recommend to just filter within the app. It may also simplify your debugging/maintenance as the filtering logic is all in one place. Hope this helps! 

jbatesy

Thanks for your response @EricRegnier, I seem to keep running into these PowerCrapps "features" that make me question myself for hours 🙂 (JSON deserialization anybody)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (4,714)