cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yahya
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Icannot delete a custom column / Model-driven

To a Custom entity, I have added a custom column, used for a while, then decided that I do not need it. I removed it from ALL forms, views, processes, business rules etc and I am sure it is not used anywhere. I try to delete but it always says there is a dependency in the main form, while I swear it is not. 

How to force delete such?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Yahya
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Yahya
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Opened a supported ticket, Microsoft team were very helpful. The acknowledged a bug that they are working on and have helped me with a solution that they have sent to me, then i was able to delete the unused custom column.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Just double checking - have you published (it needs it) after you have removed it.  

Yahya
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Of course I did, twice to be sure 😊 but it keeps telling me I cannot delete. Dependency is main form, while it is not. 

Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Have you tried adding it onto the form it says its already on and then publishing, then removing it and publishing.

Also, if you open the form does it show in the list of unused fields.

EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @Yahya,

Although the field might not be on the form, if it’s a lookup field, the relationship might be on the Related tab of the child form. Open the form from the dependency window and check the related pane. Might be easier to switch to classic form designer.

hope this helps!

Yahya
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

this must be a bug. i have created a support ticket.

Yahya
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Yahya
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Opened a supported ticket, Microsoft team were very helpful. The acknowledged a bug that they are working on and have helped me with a solution that they have sent to me, then i was able to delete the unused custom column.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,133)