cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper V
Helper V

SQL Data is not Uploading to CDS

Hi.  I'm not sure what I did wrong here.  I went to the CDS, clicked grabbed data, connected to our SQL database, removed the fields I didn't want and created the new entity.  The entity has all the fields I selected but there is no data inside it. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @dyee4614,

I assume you're using Dataflows? Seems like your entity was already created before hence why you would get the all the fields and that your Dataflow didn't run successfully. If you navigate in maker.powerapps.com -> Data -> Dataflows, you should see the list of them. Is there a Last Refresh date and a little Warning icon (see image below) next to the date? If so, click on the icon and it will open the history with a status of your execution. You can download the log to see what happened.

Suggest to delete the entity and retry with a CDS system admin account that has MFA disabled so future runs wouldn't give you an authentication error.

2020-06-13_8-19-14.png

2020-06-13_8-18-50.png

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @dyee4614,

I assume you're using Dataflows? Seems like your entity was already created before hence why you would get the all the fields and that your Dataflow didn't run successfully. If you navigate in maker.powerapps.com -> Data -> Dataflows, you should see the list of them. Is there a Last Refresh date and a little Warning icon (see image below) next to the date? If so, click on the icon and it will open the history with a status of your execution. You can download the log to see what happened.

Suggest to delete the entity and retry with a CDS system admin account that has MFA disabled so future runs wouldn't give you an authentication error.

2020-06-13_8-19-14.png

2020-06-13_8-18-50.png

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

I just clicked get data.  I tried it again using dataflows and it worked perfectly, thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Users online (74,623)