Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UI1222
Advocate II
Advocate II

Update Dataverse Connector from Dataverse (Legacy) Connector

Im confused.

When can i use the new Dataverse Connector, and when can i use the old Dataverse Connector (Legacy)? 

In this flow im was using the new connector, but now i can only add new steps with the old connector.  Why?

dataverse connector.PNG

Bottomline, i would like to upgrade all my flows to use the new Dataverse connector, but in many cases i cant choose it, when i search for it.

13 REPLIES 13

I tried copying a different step that was a dataverse update action and pasting that from my clipboard doesn't work. In the "i"/information it says "The action you are trying to copy and paste doesn't match the current flow schema. Please add this action manually". So I'm ok in a new flow until I do something that changes the flow schema, then after exiting and re-entering the flow I can only use the legacy connectors. I have a couple custom connectors that I'm using, I wonder if they are doing it, or maybe it's happening when I copy and paste a legacy Dataverse operation into the new flow?

mlengenfelder1_0-1644534854746.png

UI1222
Advocate II
Advocate II

@mlengenfelder1  i have learned since i made this post that if you move or create the flow in a solution, you can pick and/or upgrade which Dataverse connector you are using.  

Flows outside solutions doesn't have this feature. I hope this changes soon, cause its quite confusing. 

@UI1222 Is this the normal behavior? I only see the legacy connector when I try to add an action of dataverse in an existing flow. Is it okay to use the legacy connector for now?

Depending on the other items in the flow, yes it is normal. You can use the legacy connector. If you start a new flow and add the new Dataverse connector to every step, skipping all the other steps, and then add your other connectors/steps it is possible to build almost any flow using the new connectors. But I don’t’ think that’s worthwhile. Just use the legacy connector.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,609)