Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teresa24486
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

View all attachments in one place

Hi,

Is there a way to view all the attachments of all records from a single place on model driven app? As of now I need to view from individual records.

9 REPLIES 9
cchannon
Super User
Super User

If by all attachments, you mean all Notes with Attachments, yes. You can query the annotation base (Notes table) from an advanced find and just filter the result to where filename contains data so you only get Notes that have an attachment.

cchannon_0-1627388219591.png

dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @Teresa24486 

The approach mentioned by @cchannon is great for Notes but unfortunately it will not show attachments for fields that are on the Tables like File or Image fields.  You would need to build views independently for the tables to show these attachments in views.  Nothing else exists that I know of to show this all from one place across all tables.

Thanks much,

Drew

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew

hi @dpoggemann

How do I create a view for attachments? I dont see the Attachment column on the table. Also, Can we put multiple attachments for a single record?

EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @Teresa24486,

What attachment mechanism are you using? Out-of-the-box attachment in notes, SharePoint integration, OneDrive or file image type? If you're still evaluating the best approach and if you truly need to view in one place, then SharePoint integration is a simple method: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/set-up-sharepoint-integration

Thanks

Teresa24486
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Hi @EricRegnier,

I tried with the out-of-the-box but doesnt help me create a view to see all the attachments in one place. I had a quick look at the above link; do I have to retain 2 locations to retain my records or SharePoint will only be used to hold attachments?  Either ways I will have to create a new app I believe since I am not able to change the permissions in detail since the table I had chosen was Standard. 

Moreover I do not see the CE Apps options in my environment, I believe CE is another license.

Teresa24486_0-1627811759374.png

I think you have misunderstood @EricRegnier's link. You do not need CE for SharePoint integration. You do not need to create a new app for SharePoint integration. You do not need to use more than one option, we have simply given you multiple options to choose from.

If you think metadata tracking, collaboration, or larger volume storage will be necessary, then you should enable SharePoint integration and show (only) that on the form. If none of those things are necessary for you, then just enable the entity for attachments and add the timeline control instead.

There are lots of options available to you. All you need to do is pick one and only show that one, then you will have one view for all attachments.

If, however, for some reason you want to use multiple options (sometimes notes and sometimes SharePoint) and have a view of all of them at once, you're going to need some fairly complex coding.

dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @Teresa24486 ,

Sorry I was mistaken, you can not add columns to the view for the File and Image columns.

Thanks,

Drew

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew

Hi @EricRegnier ,

I tried the Timeline control but unable to change the name "Timeline". Also, I cannot download all the attachments based on that record. Is there a possibility?

SharePoint Integration is the only way to get a "Download all" option.

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (1,259)