cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
halifaxious
Resolver II
Resolver II

help for custom help?

I'm trying to implement global and table-level help in my model-driven app. The system is properly configured but I'm not sure what to do next.

This is what I want to happen:

• for records
    • navigate to a record
    • click the standard ? button in the top right corner
    • see table-specific help
  • in general
    • click the standard ? button in the top right corner
    • see clickable list of general help topics

This is what I'm not sure of:

• do I create help while I'm on a page in my app OR do I create help on a Help form and associate it with a custom entity?
  • If I create help while in the front-end of my app, how do I distinguish general help (which should be available from anywhere) from context-specific help?
  • can I have different help for each tab of a form?
  • will the help I create in my dev environment be included when I export my solution to another environment?
  • Where will my custom table help be found if I leave the Help URL field blank?

halifaxious_1-1634735993291.png

If anyone has functional examples to share, I'd really appreciate it.  The docs are decent for configuring the environment to allow custom help. But I can't find much about what to do after.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MayankP
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident
1 REPLY 1
MayankP
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (1,669)